Sunday, June 17, 2012

This is a picture of Elder Meyers looking at himself in the mirror in our apartment elevator.  From the day we arrived he has  checked out himself to make sure he is looking good.  I don't want to forget this special time.  Of course I teased him that I would take his picture one day.
Birthday boy arriving for party
On June 25th, President Anton will have his
Opening presents
50th birthday.  Since we will be leaving that day we decided to celebrate his birthday on Thursday.  He asked if we could have his dinner at 9 pm.  We decorated the door with a happy birthday sign and balloons. I made his favorite foods that I can make.  We had
Enjoying dinner and blowing out candles
fried rice, mandarin chicken, mandarin sauce, deviled eggs, broccoli salad, and Robert Redford(pudding cake) for dessert.  He brought Ann, Papa K, Milli, Codi, Jared, and Angelea.  He kept saying how good the food was.  He loved the attention.
Friday we met Maljini at a Chinese Restaurant called Xilaton.  This was suppose
to be our goodbye lunch.  We had a lovely visit and we gave her a card thanking her for being our friend We also gave her an Uno game so she could play with Tharin, her nephew.  Two hours after we got home she texted and insisted that we come to her home on Thursday so she and Tharin could treat us to some string hoppers for dinner.
On Saturday President Kolitha, Sister Primali, and Sonali took us out
Looking at all the shops before dinner
to dinner at The Dutch Hospital Complex.  There are lots of little shops and restaurants in this area.  We ate at The Colombo Place. 
Colombo Place
This family was converted while going to school in Germany.  The Colombo Place served German food.  They had that but we ordered a ham and cheese sandwich with fries and coleslaw.  It tasted so good!  I think this is the first time we have had ham and cheese since we left home.  It was nice to hear their conversion story and feel of their love for us.
Twin Towers
Across the street from this area is what the locals call the Twin Towers.  It houses offices for the area.
Today I was released as a primary worker.  I had been doing music time.  In fact all of the presidency was released.  They put Emily Whitaker in as president.  Sister Primali went back in as first counselor and Sister DeAndra went back in as second counselor.  They will make a wonderful presidency.  Sister Whitaker is from America.  Her husband is here working at the American Embassy in security.  They will be here for two years.
After church we held our last Sunday English Class.  We have learned
Our RS English Class
to love these special sisters and brethren that attend.  Sister Domika was trying hard not to cry but the tears came as I told her that I loved her.  Of course when she cried I had to join her.  Teaching this class has been a choice experience for us!
Message of the week:  President Ezra Taft Benson made the following statement:  "When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives.  Our love of the Lord will govern the claims for our affection, the demands on our time, the interests we pursue, and the order of our priorities."

No comments:

Post a Comment