![]() |
| Sunrise in Sri Lanka |
Last week was the Sinhala-Tamil New Year but our Wednesday English class decided that we needed to be treated to some New Year treats. Many brought treats, after class we all enjoyed eating and visiting. These people love parties!!
Early Thursday morning, Teri Homer, arrived in Sri Lanka. She is from Washington, the Tri-Cities area. She came to Sri Lanka to see her fiancee, Kulenthra. She is staying with us. The heat is very hard on her. Tomorrow she will go to the other side of the island to stay with Kulenthra's family. There will not be any air conditioning there. She is excited to meet his family but nervous about how she will deal with the heat. She and Kulenthra went ring shopping. She chose a blue sapphire for her ring. It is beautiful!
Thursday we picked President and Sister Funk up at the airport and processed on to Negombo. There we had lunch at our favorite restaurant in Negombo, The Bijou.
After lunch we all went to the Negombo church for training with President and Sister Funk. We haven't really thought much about leaving and returning home but President Funk and Sister Funk talked a lot about our leaving. They gave us several assignments to prepare for the new couple, if and when they come. After the training, each of us shared our testimony with the group. Then it was time for each couple to have their interview with President Funk. He asked us how we had changed during our mission. I responded that I had a testimony when I came but now I feel that I have truly been converted. The difference in being converted is that we willingly do what our Savior wants us to do. A testimony is believing but not necessarily acting on what we believe.
Saturday was spend attending auxiliary training and a Young Single Adult fireside. The fireside was on preparing for a mission and also preparing for temple marriage. Elder Meyers and I were invited to share our testimony at the end of the YSA fireside. We told about how we met. We also shared how important it was to us to be sealed in the temple so that we would have the opportunity to be an eternal family.
Elder and Sister Kellerstrass are still having trouble getting a visa. Elder Kellerstrass told President Anton that they would be leaving on Tuesday, if the visa wasn't granted by then. President Anton replied, "I will paint you black, then you can stay in Sri Lanka." We laughed so hard at this comment.
Message of the week:
But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart. (1 Samuel 16:7)
![]() |
| Wednesday English Class-AKA Party group |
![]() |
| Kulenthra & Teri |
![]() |
| Sister Pamela & Elder Jack Kellerstrass |
![]() |
| President Anton |





No comments:
Post a Comment